DK: To start off can you give us a bit of background to your career so far?
BH: I spent the majority of my youth career at Woodbridge town up to the age of u’16, I then joined Afc Sudbury and played for the u’18s and reserves while I was still in year 11 at school and joined the full time scheme when I left school.
DK: What's been the highlight of your career so far and why?
BH: I have a couple of highlights that I look back on, 1 being my first team debut at Aylesbury in the Fa Trophy as I was only 17 at the time and also against Soham earlier on this season when I made my 100th appearance for the first team by the age of 19 which is a big achievement and something I’m proud of.
DK: How have you found coming through Sudbury's academy set up to being a first team regular?
BH: I have loved it to be honest! Loved every moment I’ve spent at the club from 16 up to now. It helps when transitioning into the first team due to the support you get from all the staff in the academy willing you on to become better, it also helps knowing I have a manager who has belief in me to play me week in week out even when performances individually and as a team have been indifferent.
DK: Do you think there's much difference between playing academy and First Team football, if so how does it differ?
BH: I think the obvious people would think would be physicality but playing for sudbury reserves I had been playing against men since the age of 16 so I didn’t find this too much of an issue, I think the main difference is just the quality of opposition, they are mostly all good players and a lot of them have played at a higher level than the Isthmian north so they’re switched on and just a bit sharper.
DK: How did you find adapting from Reserves to first team football?
BH: I’d like to think that I adapted quite well and quickly as I scored a few goals and put in some decent performances in my first year which resulted in me being offered a first team contract, so overall I would say it was a fairly successful transition.
DK: If you could pick a standout game for each level you've played at so far which one would you pick and why?
BH: U’18s I would probably say the stand out game would be Swindon away in the fa youth cup, playing at that ground and putting in a performance like that, and still believe to this day deserved more than we got out of that game.
For the reserves I think the standout game would be my debut as I was only 16 and still at school so I was proud of this.
The first team it would be bowers & pitsea at home in my first year, they were top of the league by a mile and we played a team of youngsters and beat them 4-3 being 4-0 at half time. I scored 2 so that topped off the perfect team performance.
DK: What's the best ground you've played at so far and why?
BH: The best ground would have to be The county ground when we played Swindon, pitch was a joke!
DK: How do you reflect on the season just gone from both a personal and team perspective?
BH: I think towards the end of the season we really started to gain some momentum and form beating teams towards the top end of the league, think personally I was similar as the season went on I felt my performances were getting better but then got cut short due to obvious reasons!
DK: What targets do you have looking forward to next season?
BH: I just want to keep enjoying my football first of all as I feel like I put in my best performances when I’m enjoying the game, also like to try my best to help push the team up towards the top end of the league table and see what we can achieve.
DK: Who is the best opposing side you've ever faced and why?
BH: I’ve played against the likes of Chelmsford and Braintree in pre season friendly’s and you could tell they were good sides but as it was only a friendly cant really pick either of them, I’d say Kingstonians when we played them in the trophy this year, the way they played the ball about on a pitch like that was ridiculous, we did well and dug in but to be honest they battered us for 90 minutes😂.
DK: If you could play in any game past or present (professional or non league) which one would you pick and why?
BH: As a massive Ipswich Town fan I think I would like to have played in the fa cup final in 1978 when we won it, I know it was a massive occasion at the time and my grandad also played in that game so would’ve made it extra special for me.
DK: Who's the best player you've played alongside so far and why?
BH: I’ve played alongside some good players so far in my short career but I think the standout would be Tyler French, not just saying that cause he’s my mate either😂, he has everything to make it to the top.
DK: Who's the best player you've played against so far and why?
BH: I would say Paul Konchesky, we played east Thurrock in a pre season friendly couple years ago and you could tell that he still had it, although there is probably more I just can’t think of!
DK: If you could pick an XI of the best players you've played alongside so far who would you pick and why?
BH: GK - Paul Walker - if you’ve ever seen him play you will know why I picked him, seen him make saves I didn’t even know were possible! Luca Collins who’s still Heybridge runs him very close though.
RB - Liam Bennett - Very good attacking full back, seen him terrorise opposition full backs and got what he’s deserved by getting his move to Cambridge.
CB - Tyler French - already mentioned earlier on how good he is, played with him for a few years and this was the easiest decision to put him in.
CB - Joe Whight - Our skipper at sudbury, he leads by example, got a peach of a left foot. Any free kicks just outside the box he’s putting away as well so might nick us a few goals!
LB - Ross Crane - I know he’s moved on from left back now but when I played with Him he was very good at left back, like benno I’ve seen him terrorise defenders and he’s also got what he deserves and got the move to Ipswich.
CM - Joe Wright - I’d have joe sitting deepest in the midfield, up there with one of the best players I’ve played with, on a scholarship in America at the moment but when he gets back I wouldn’t put it past him getting into the pro game.
CM - Callum Watson - Also on a scholarship in America at the moment but technically he’s defo up there, I’m going attacking and I know he’d nick me a few goals and don’t forget he has the biggest long throw I’ve ever seen.
CM - Callum Harrison - another very attacking midfielder but we want goals in this team. Cal is always likely to nick a goal and is another good technical player.
LW - Reece Harris - He’s really good with the ball at his feet and taking people on, he chips in with goals and assists as well just what I’d want from a winger.
RW - Ollie Dunlop - I know he’ll be fuming about being put on the wing but had to stick him there to get him in the team, just like Reece he’s direct with his dribbling and never afraid to have a shot so he would score goals and get some assists.
ST - Paul Hayes - Played with Haysey for a season and he was different class, his hold up play and touch would suit this team as he could bring our attacking midfields and wingers into the game. Also the best finisher I have seen so he would definitely notch a few goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment