DK: Talk us through your career so far, you must have gained quite a few good experiences from it so far?
SW: How long have you got lol, Growing up i had my fair share of knock backs from clubs saying I was to small to be a full back but I was always told to never give up. My first real insight into first team football was with Chelmsford City back then playing in Dr Martens Premier at the age of 18, highlight playing for them was reaching FA Cup 1st round proper playing against Oldham. I was then sold to Cambridge City 2 yrs later and within the first year of my contract my biggest achievement in football happened. Southend was scouting Tes Bramble one of my teammates at one of our games, and that particular game on a Tuesday night I played quite well and scored a worldy goal, by the Friday I was sold to Southend and signed my first and only professional contract lol.
Dropping back into non league I went on to play for AFC Sudbury and Leiston FC where both teams were very successful especially Sudbury as we reached FA Vase final 2 yrs in the row and I happened to score in one of them at White hart Lane, not a bad strike if I say so myself 😁. Winning the Thurlow Prem with teams mentioned above along with Hadleigh United were great experiences all three clubs had very good players with great team spirit. I’ve also experienced first team manager at Hadleigh and Ipswich Wanderers 1st team, hard work I must say but thoroughly enjoyed it. At the old age of 40 I didn’t think I’d get my boots Bk on but last season I joined Needham ressies to give the academy boys some experience on the pitch and that’s the best decision I’ve made in a long time. All the youngsters want to learn and thats what I like, as you know a few of them have been involved with the first team which is great to see and I’m sure they will be more to follow over the next few years.
Let’s see what happens next season.
No comments:
Post a Comment