Sunday, 7 June 2020

INTERVIEW: Jack Stone

Former Bury Town Under-18s defender Jack Stone talks about his career so far, currently playing Sunday League with Howard's, but has aspirations to return to Saturday, football in the near future. 

Quickfire questions:

Favourite hot Drink: Can’t lie I’m not a fan of any hot drinks at all

Favourite soft drink: Favourite soft drink would be fanta fruit twist

Coke or Pepsi: Coke

Favourite food: Chicken is definitely my favourite food by far

Favourite takeaway: Definitely a Indian

Favorite TV show: Money Heist 

Favourite film: Snatch or coach carter 

Xbox or PlayStation: PlayStation 

FIFA or PES: Fifa but pes 06 tops every fifa

Favourite game: Warzone has been getting rinsed in lockdown

Favourite sport other than football? 
Would have to be darts. 

DK: What professional team do you support and why?

JS: Spurs, everyone in my family is a spurs fan and would be wrong not to follow them.

DK: Who's your favourite professional player and why?

JS: For me would have to be Troy deeney, he has got a incredible background story and for that goal he scored in the playoffs.

DK: What's the best game you've watched live and why?

JS: Haven’t really been to that many exciting Tottenham games😂but probably watching them come from 2 goals and winning 3-2 in the second half in the UEFA cup in 2007.

DK: If you could play in any game from any time which one would you pick and why?

JS:Probably Tottenham Vs Ajax 2nd leg. Too watch my team score in the last minute to get to the champions league final was amazing but to play a part in it while going through all them emotions that they went through would be amazing, also bet there was scenes in the changing room and team bus.

DK: If you could play alongside any 2 professional footballers, current or former, who would you pick and why?

JS: Ronaldinho because I grew up watching him and would make your job easy cause all you have to is pass him the ball , another one would be Gazza cause he he’d be a good laugh to be around but at the same time such a good footballer.

DK: If you could pick any celebrity to play football with who would you pick and why? 

JS: Probably be Skepta as I’m a big fan of his music Also he’s a Tottenham fan. 

DK: If you could play at any ground anywhere in the world where would you pick and why?

DK: Camp Nou, I’ve had a tour around it and it’s amazing but to play in it would be something else.

DK: If you could pick An XI full of professionals who would you pick and why? 

JS: GK: Casillas- best keeper of all time, also was a great leader
LB: Danny Rose- loved him ever since he scored his first goal against arsenal, also I used to enjoy watching him attack with Kyle Walker. 
CB: Ledley King-  used to love watching him play for Tottenham (when he wasn’t injured.) He never really dived into tackles and always stayed composed which as a defender is such a bonus to have.
CB: Ramos- some people hate him but I love him for his shithousery
RB: Dani Alves- was the best in his position for so many years, was so good at going forward as well as defending 
CM: Iniesta- made the game look so easy, his passing was a joke
CM: xavi- him and Iniesta were unplayable at times 
CAM: Ronaldinho- always played the game with a smile on his face and made it look so easy 
LW: CR7- such a great athlete, his conditioning is unreal
CF: Raul- used to always watch Real Madrid tv and was always him bagging goals. lethal finisher
RW: Messi-  GOAT, best player to ever play the game. 

DK: If you could pick a 5 aside team full of professionals (but you can't name the same as above) who would you pick and why?

JS:GK: Nick Pope- someone who come through lower leagues and shows it’s never too late to make it Roberto Carlos: unreal technique and so good at going forward
Maldini- could play anywhere across the back line and be comfortable 
Yaya toure- another strong solid player and so good at driving with the ball
Kane- scores for fun at the same time he can change the game at anytime
Sub: Moussa Dembele- so hard to get off the ball and just glided with the ball.

DK: Tell us a bit about your football career so far.

JS: Then made the step up the EJA under needham market, after a season I transferred to bury in the EJA mainly to go play with my some of closer friends. At around the age of 15 I sort of fell out of love with football due to a back injury. Then at 16 I found myself playing Sunday’s for Howard’s where I started enjoying my football again. Few months down the line I started training with Bury u18s where I found my new position as a full back and really found some confidence in my ability whilst meeting a great bunch of lads,after half a season I pushed my way into the Team Bury side and got my first experience in non league which was very hard, however I learnt a lot in a short period of time. After a successful season with the 18s and half a season with team bury they folded and I found myself at Diss Town thanks to Steve Holder, things never really worked out at Diss due to me not really enjoying my football, now I’m just playing Sunday’s but I want to get back to enjoying my football whilst playing at the highest level possible.

DK: What's been the highlight of your career so far?

JS: Probably would have to be playing at Colchester in the cup final, even though we lost nothing beats playing in a cup final with some of your closest mates.

DK: How did you find your time at Bury, especially being a part of quite the successful season for the U18s?

JS: For me it was the most I’ve enjoyed my football, mainly that was down to James and Steve allowing the Players to have a big input and change what was going wrong, plus it allowed me to play with my close mates and be surrounded by some good players who really help me improve. However my time at Team Bury was the opposite. To be completely honest made me lose my interest in the game for a while. 

DK: What's the best ground you've played at so far and why?

JS: Definitely Colchester as its the biggest one I’ve played at.

DK: Overall how did you find the standard of playing in the Thurlow Nunn?

JS: I think it’s a good standard and think everyone should play it as it’s a good way to get into men’s football and can learn a lot from it.

DK: How have you found Sunday League football so far, what's the standard like?

JS: You hear a lot of stereotypes about Sunday league which are funny but I can’t lie I love it and do have some laughs along the way. The standard is rising quickly and helped me get into the Diss squad and Bury side. If you look outside the bury league you see teams like Kitch and SE Dons showing some really talented footballers. Also shows you the physical side of men’s football and can really toughen some people up as players.

DK: If you could name a 5 aside team of the best players you've played against so far who would you pick and why?

JS: Steve fenner- never seen someone catch a ball so much, top class keeper 
Woody- Only played against him on Sunday’s and always struggled because of the height difference, also very clinical

Joe Grimwood- Played him and against, very good player who can play most positions who’s hard to Mark also very good in the air
Josh Revell- Another one who I’ve played with and against. Played against me once and had me doing circles😂it’s a lot better having him on your team. 
Don’t know the fellas name but swaffhams number 10 when I played for team bury. Couldn’t get near him the whole game was way too quick for me.

DK: If you could name a 5 aside team of the best players you've played with so far who would you pick and why?
JS: GK:Ollie Froud- such a bonus having a keeper behind you who’s good with there feet and talks, also I reckon he’d fill the goal😂 Ricky Cornish- he played at high level and it’s easy to see why, still has a pro mentality which is so good to be around and still think he could play now. Played together a handful of times but was also was my manager from u8- u14s
Charlie Cook- As I full back I like having him infront of me cause we play so well together. Has a wand of a left foot and has the ability to change the game at any minute 
Steve Holder- don’t think I’ve seen him lose a header and knows how to find the net also very good at holding the ball up
Oli selfe- when he played for bury in the EJA and u18s he was so good infront of goal, could score from anywhere, shame that he stopped enjoying his football, he had so much potential.

DK: If you could pick a 5 aside team of celebrities to play alongside who would you pick and why?

JS: GK- Jason Statham: Too see if he was as good as he was in Mean Machine

Dwayne Johnson: I reckon he’d a rock at the back and be good in the air. 
Kevin Hart: Can’t imagine him being very good but would play well with Dwayne Johnson and would make you laugh
Ramz: Heard that he’s a decent player and could play at a decent standard, would add some flair.

Anthony Joshua: big target man up front, would be able to run all game plus he could handle anything if something kicked off.

DK: What targets do you have looking forward?

JS: My main target would be to get back to playing in the Thurlow Nunn and take it a bit more serious, this lockdown has made me realise how much I miss playing Saturday football.

DK: If you could swap places, with any current  professional footballer who would you pick and why?

JS: Hard question but probably be someone like Trent because he’s a young player who’s had a successful start to his career and is playing a key role is such a good team.


No comments:

Post a Comment