DK: To start off, can you give us some insight into your career so far?
KS: I started playing for Burnham Ramblers at the age of 7. Played all of my youth football with Burnham including under 18s EJA.
I made my senior 1st team debut for Burnham at 16 while still playing under 16s sunday park football. I played more reserve team football for Burnham up until I was 20 before leaving the club and signing for Beacon Hill Rovers in the mid essex league. I stayed with them for 5 and a half seasons winning two league titles and the Essex junior cup. I then returned to Burnham Ramblers and I’ve been with Burnham since I come back 3 years ago.
DK: What's been the highlight of your career so far and why?
KS: So far I would have to say winning the the league and essex junior cup with beacon hill doing the double. We had a very young team. We wasn’t necessarily the best team but we worked hard for eachother and I think that showed throughout the course of that season.
DK: How did you find your time at Beacon Hill, tell us a bit about it?
KS: Loved every single minute of it. Was a great club to be at with a great team and a great manager. Started in the mid essex div 1 which we won in my second season. We also won the essex junior cup in the same season. We then went up into the mid essex prem and the 1st season we under performed finishing mid table but in the 2nd season in the prem my 4th season with the club we then won the prem. We then moved up into the Olympian league division 3 and it was in November of that season I left to sign back for Burnham Ramblers.
Overall I loved my time at the club and I appreciate everything they done for me personally.
DK: What was the standout game from your time at Beacon Hill?
KS: I would have to say the game we won the mid essex premier. We played Braintree and bocking in our last game of the season and their 2nd to last game and it was a case of who won would win the league basically. Was a very tight game which we ended up winning 3-2 in the last minute of the game. Would be the happiest and proudest I’ve ever been after a game of football.
DK: Give us a bit of insight to your time at Burnham overall, so far - what's it been like?
KS: Burnhams been brilliant. Its my hometown club. overall I’ve spent 15 years here.
As soon as I come back it was like I had never left in the first place was the same people that where their supporting the club.
Just as a club they have done a lot for me from the age of 7 I was captain of the teams I played for. We won quite a lot at youth level and it was because of the people at the club that really made me fall in love with football.
In men’s football at Burnham I didn’t really have much success with trophies but I always felt I was playing in the right team. Since being back at Burnham it’s been a little up and down, when I 1st came back I was in the form of my life scoring week in week out. But then at the beginning of the season just gone I had to undergo knee surgery to fix a torn meniscus which I had trouble with a for a few years. Then coming off the back of that I missed all of pre season and the start of the season so I wasn’t near the fitness levels I needed to be at. Burnham in that way where very good to me. I never felt like I was pushed to the side or forgotten about. Burnham has and always will hold a special place to me for the amount they have given me over the years and I really can’t wait for the season to start and hopefully bring a trophy to the club.
DK: What's been the top 3 highlights from your 15 years overall with the club?
KS: I would have to say number 1 being when i made my debut for the 1st team at 16.
Number 2 would have to be my 1st hat trick for the 1st team in my 3rd game after returning to the club
Number 3 would be my 1st goal for the club when I was 7 which I still remember exactly to this day. Away against tiptree a shot from the edge of the box in off the post. We lost the game but I’ll never forget that feeling of scoring my 1st goal ever in a proper game.
DK: What targets do you have looking forward to next season?
KS: Team wise I would like to be pushing up and around the promotion places and to have a good cup run.
Personal targets I would have to say I would like to try and better my goal record for a season. But at the same time aslong as we are winning games I am happy if I score or don’t.
DK: What is the best ground you've played at so far and why?
KS: I would actually say Leigh ramblers even though it’s a park pitch. The surface is unbelievable for a pitch in a park. Also the clubhouse has a balcony behind one of the goals and whenever I have played there it’s been full of people watching the game.
DK: Who would you say is the best player you've played with so far and why?
KS: I would have to say Charlee Hughes who I played with at Burnham we linked up really well straight away and he scored so many goals in a team that was struggling at that time. We only played in the same team for a short time but I could see the potential he had. he’s now proving that being a regular in the maldon and tiptree team that done amazing in the FA Cup this past season.
DK: Who's the best player you've played against so far and why?
KS: I would say Jack Harrison from hashtag united purely on how hard he made it for me in both games I played against hashtag I didn’t get a sniff at all. I think I had two shots in two games. I was glad when they was promoted so I didn’t have to come up against him the following season.
DK: If you could name an XI of the best players you've played alongside who would you pick and why?
KS:GK Joshua strizovic. Unbelievable young goalkeeper tall strong brilliant distribution.
RB Ben Jackman. Hard worker will run all day for his teammates
CB Jamie marsh. Solid in the air would litreally put his body on the line.
CB Eion king. Loves a tackle and won’t back out of one.
LB Will Putt. Technically brilliant and brilliant passer of the ball.
CDM Charlie brewer. Not blessed with pace but will find you wherever you are on the pitch.
CM Charlie Gray. The best technique I’ve seen. Not seen anyone better on a dead ball.
CM Dave heward. Never seen him lose the ball in the air and has an eye for goal.
LM Adekunle adeyemi. Scary quick and brilliant crosser of the ball.
RM Joe Howard. Bundles of skill and can play in multiple positions.
CF charlee Hughes. Goals goals and more goals.
DK: What is the best opposing team you've played against and why?
KS: White ensign. They are a fantastic team play really nice football and are strong in very single position. I am 99% sure they would have gone on to win the league were it not to have been voided.
DK: What is the standard like in the Thurlow Nunn Div 1 South?
KS: It’s a very competitive league I think anyone can beat anyone on their day. Some of the football some teams play is fantastic to see. I do think a lot of teams in the Thurlow Nunn div 1 South could more than hold their own in the league above.
DK: If you could relive a game from your career so far which one would you pick and why?
KS: The game to win the mid essex prem with beacon hill.
I’ve never felt the way I did after that game on a football pitch ever before and still haven’t to this day. It was a feeling of pride that we had worked all season so hard to do it and to do in the the way we did in the last minute was an unbelievable feeling.
DK: If you could pick any two professional footballers to play with at Burnham who would you pick and why?
KS: Cristiano Ronaldo for his goals and his work rate to be one of the best ever.
Xavi such a brilliant footballer plays the game so well. Also brilliant passer so id get the ball in front of goal a lot.
DK: If you could play at any ground anywhere in the world where would you pick and why?
KS: I’d love to play at Wembley I think it’s every kids dream to play at Wembley and that dream has never left me.
DK: If you could play in 1 game you didn't play in (professional or not) which one would you pick and why?
KS: I would have to say Tottenham vs Ajax second leg. I was on a plane at the time and missed the whole game and being a spurs fan to play in that game would have been absolutely amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment